Everyone says cold sore is common. But what does a cold sore look and feel like? Does it have any symptoms? Of course, yes! This article deals with cold sore signs and symptoms in full length.
To be frank, some people don’t have any symptoms but still they are infected with herpes simplex virus type 1. That means, the signs and symptoms are not uniform.
In medicine, a prodrome is an early symptom (or set of symptoms) that might indicate the start of a disease before specific symptoms occur.
Cold Sore Symptoms:
However, in majority of the cases, you can observe the following cold sore signs and symptoms in common:
1. In the early stages, some patients observe mild to severe pain around the mouth. It can even lead to redness, swelling, sore threat, pain in the neck and other parts of the body. This is mainly due to the formation of fluid filled blisters.
2. The virus affects the sensitive parts like lips, mouse and nose. As a result, the blisters appear and you will feel pain and it may lead to swollen glands, headache, muscle aches, pains and fever.
3. Scientifically, the prodromal symptoms are very sensitive in cold sore sufferers. Here, the patients observe itching, tingling or burning sensation for a couple of days and then later on they transform into fluid filled blisters.
4. These small blisters might even spread to all over the face thus resulting in one larger blister.
5. No one can tell exactly for how many days these blisters will remain on the body. Actually the duration is based on many factors including severity of the virus, immunity of the cold sore sufferer etc. In most of the cases, blisters dry up in 10-14 days.
6. Let me tell you, only a few people observe a tear in the skin. It is something like a minute paper-cut that may or may not develop into a blister.
7. Cold sore doesn’t have any age limit to affect. It can catch your kid of less than 3 years too. This is mainly because of the contagious nature of herpes simplex virus.
8. In severe cases, you might even feel irritation in eyes.
As the cold sore is the result of an attack by herpes simplex virus, you may experience 2-3 cold sore outbreaks in the same year. Visit Cold Sore Treatment and arrest its growth from the root level.